Posted by : Unknown Wednesday, December 2, 2009

On My Wishlist is a weekly meme hosted by Book Chick City, which will be posted every Wednesday. It allows us to share the books we haven't bought yet but are waiting to be bought and devoured.
I would normally post one book per week as there are loads and loads and loads of books in cyberspace and if I list more than one, I might get a headache! lol.


This week's On My Wishlist:



Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl.

I've seen this book on various blogs and they gave it ace reviews! It just came out this week and apparently the rights have been sold to make this into a film! Wow! Something to look forward to!
This is the first out of a series of five novels! Yipes, another series we can drool on after Harry Potter & The Twilight Saga!

Book Description from Amazon.com:
Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

8 Responses so far.

  1. Jamie says:

    I can hardly wait until mine arrives! I pre-ordered it and Fallen last week.

    Dropping by from Book Chick City!

  2. Unknown says:

    thank you for dropping by Jamie! :)

  3. Haven't read many of this genre, but this will make my to-read list. Looks like a good one!

  4. Nina says:

    I'm quite interested in the story. Is this already available here?

  5. Unknown says:

    @nina - haven't seen it in bookstores yet! :( it'll probably be worth a lot though since its a hardbound copy.

    @butterfly11780 - many thanks for visiting my blog! :) ive read rave reviews about this book

  6. Cindy says:

    I won this, and I was so excited when I got it...sorry don't mean to brag, but I am really happy about it! Hope you get it soon too :)

  7. Anonymous says:

    This has got to be one of the more striking covers I've seen this year - it makes me want to get the book without knowing anything about it!

  8. Unknown says:

    miss cindy -- i'll deffo read your review once you've posted it! just to add to the number of raves i've heard about it! :D congratulations on winning the book, very very happy for you! :D

    stephanieD -- the cover apparently is all glossy and nice! ill scout the bookstores here when i'm out to see if its available already!

- Copyright © Ruby Loves Adventure - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -