Posted by : Ruby Escalona Friday, January 1, 2010
It's the New Year! It's a new decade! It's 2010!
Might as well have my first post of 2010 as a reminder to myself of my goals for this year.
To be honest, I'm very, very excited whenever there's a new year. There's 365 days of the unknown... new lessons, opportunities, and experiences! Woot Woot! A chance to grow!
Anyhow, my goals:
1. Blog more. I'll be a better blogger this year compared to the past years I've had this blog up. I was a firm believer of notebooks before. I still am now, but I realized that my readers are very limited if I just keep them in a notebook. At least now I've got readers out there in the world who could share my views [I hope].
2. Read and review more. Oh yes. That was one of my goals for 2009. [which I didn't post online, see goal #1] I am starting 2010 with three books that I'm ready to review sometime in January. My initial goal for 2010 is to read 24 books. 2 per month. Kind of like 2009. Hopefully I could surpass that.
3. Travel more. See new places, experience different cultures. That would be one awesome thing to do. I already booked a ticket to Macau in July 2010. I wonder what other adventures await me this year?
4. Try to avail of my vices at a discount. Books, travel and shopping are my vices.
- Clothes/shoes --> only shop at the local Chinatown where there's lots of cheap clothes but are of good quality. For those high street brands, I would only get them on sale. Yes. No more paying full price.
- Books --> Sometimes the local bookstore has a table full of bargain books. Then there's the month-long sale where books could be availed of at a 20-80% off discount [usually around August-September]. I will hold off on buying books that are sold full price. If I really need to read something then there's the TBR or the handy dandy used bookstore. Or I could always swap books on BookMooch or Rosie, my new book buddy who also used to be my officemate!
- Travel --> I would avail of the crazy fares that the local budget airline is holding, and if there's no crazy fare sale anymore [ie P1.00 for a seat. That's cheap!], I would settle for a sale. Any sale, as long as I've got the funds and I'm free. "Have time and money, will book and travel. "
5. Spend more time with mummy and Goofybear the dog. I love those two. I'm planning on getting my mum to at least one new foreign country a year. In 2009, we went to Hong Kong. In 2010, hopefully somewhere else. She wants to go to Australia, but I don't think I've got the funds for that yet.
6. Save more. I need my nest egg to grow so I could have a happy retirement in 30+ years time. And well, those savings from goal #4 could come in handy for emergency or my travel vice!
7. Watch more theatre/musicals. They make me more cultured. :)
8. Watch more concerts. If they're free. =p
9. Go to more events. Book signings, parties, etc.
10. Make every moment count: read whilst stuck in traffic or in the bathroom, if its the evening, listen to an audiobook. Anything that would keep me preoccupied and just not bored. I will try to make every second count because I won't get that second back anymore.
And that's about my 2010 goals for now. Care to share yours?