Posted by : Unknown Monday, May 19, 2014

Another one of those bloggers that I've been following for a while. Finishing the Tim Ferris book and moving on to another non fiction, I picked this up from the library on a whim as I was looking for another book to read.

Suprisingly, I was very disappointed as soon as I read the last page of the book. Here, I thought it would be like a very inspiring book about how to not conform but some of the points in his book don't apply to me and my life choices, and most of it just revolves around him.

Sure, there's some points that I like about his book, but in total, 99% of what is in the book was just a repetition of his experiences, and 1% was where you can get to reflect on your own life choices. Hmmm bad ratio, if you ask me.
Like, how many times do you have to say your story about how you went to Africa because you read about this doctor who gave up his practice in California to live on a ship and help those in war torn African countries? He practically related the story like 5 times in the book.

What I also liked was there were loads of feedback from other book authors whose titles I may just check out after my non-fiction pile to read is done.

I won't stop reading Chris Guillebeau's blog - that is still very inspiring, but I would just recommend anyone who would want to pick up this book to just borrow it from your library (which I did, thankfully) and not waste precious $$$ on it. You could get most of the content free on his website anyway - www.chrisguillebeau.com/3x5

Book borrowed from: Jacksonville Public Library
Rating: 1.5/5

- Copyright © Ruby Loves Adventure - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -