Posted by : Unknown Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I picked up this book on a whim from the library. It was finance week and it was one of the featured finance books. I first looked at the book and noticed Ali Velshi - he hosted a CNN business show way back when I was living in Manila and I used to watch said business show everyday.

What can I say about this book? Not much. I read it within a week, it was quite thin at around 170+ pages. It was full of tips on how to speak money with your partners, how to prepare for university/college, how to manage your portfolio (invest, invest, invest) and prepare for retirement.



I kind of needed some of these basic terms because when I moved to America, I needed to know more about the financial aspects here - seeing as I plan to invest some of my hard earned cash here. I also realized that I had very little money compared to the average American (that's years of working in the third world right there - slaved my head off for 5+ years only to get 1/4 or less of the salary that people would get living abroad). I'm happy with my hard earned USD right now and I have plans to make it grow! (insert evil laugh here)

Overall rating: 3/5 (Okay but not excellent)
Book borrowed from Jacksonville Public Library


- Copyright © Ruby Loves Adventure - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -