Posted by : Unknown Tuesday, January 6, 2009

***MOVIE REVIEW***

So this is technically the first movie I ever saw at the cinemas this 2009.

Thanks to this site, I got some MMFF passes to see a Filipino movie of my choice. I'm normally not too fond of Filipino movies, but since my mum was keen to watch at least one, I let her decide which one to watch.

And so, we were at the cinemas, deciding which one we wanted to watch. The choices was down to two: "Baler" and "Ang Tanging Ina", but our schedule permitted us to watch "Ang Tanging Ina". Well, it also seems obvious since the cinema we went to has three theatres dedicated to the latter, while only one for Baler.

My thoughts on the movie? Uh.. Two words to sum it up: mindless fun. And that's about it. The story is so shallow, I felt so bored, looking at my watch every 20 minutes is an understatement. The only winning point of the movie? Eugene Domingo and Ai-Ai's acting. It's quite good. Some of the "kasabihans" or sayings in the movie are also funny, but they're quite boring now, as it has been shown in the commercials/trailers of the movie from time to time, you kinda expect for it to appear at one point or another in the movie.

So.. overall rating? 1.5/5 stars.

Go watch it in the cinemas if you've got money to burn. Otherwise go wait for it to be shown in Cinema One or some other local telly channel to save your money.


One Response so far.

  1. CyNurse says:

    It was entertaining for me but I like the prequel more. And I think Eugene stole some of the scenes from Ai Ai de las Alas.

- Copyright © Ruby Loves Adventure - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -