Posted by : Unknown Saturday, March 5, 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. It features bought, borrowed, or received books as well as other cool stuff from the mail.

Bought:

From Book Depository:
My orders finally arrived!! I placed them on the first week of February and it arrived last Friday evening. Hurrah! Hurrah!

The Tree of Seasons - Stephen Gately. [blurb from Goodreads]


When Josh, Michael and Beth Lotts catch sight of some mysterious lights one summer’s evening, they are drawn into a dense forest near their home where no one dares ever go. What they find there is incredible.


The Tree of Seasons is a doorway into another world. There are four kingdoms in this world, each forever stuck in spring, summer, autumn and winter and each with its own ruler. The tree and the world it conceals have existed for hundreds of years and have never been uncovered by anyone, until now.

The Lotts find that peace has been shattered in this magical world. One ruler, who bears a remarkable resemblance to their aunt is intent on power at all costs. She causes destruction and suffering that threaten to tear worlds apart. Josh, Michael and Beth have arrived just in time to take part in the battle that the other three kingdoms have to fight in order to survive.

The Tree of Seasons is a beautiful story of good and evil and a vividly imagined portrait of a world beyond our own.


The Chancer - Shane Lynch
An autobiography of Shane Lynch [also from Boyzone -- I've featured it in an On My Wishlist post a few weeks back and I finally got it!!]

From the used bookstore:

Found myself at my favourite used bookstore chain again when I went to watch the fireworks and do a bit of sightseeing in the Metro. Got myself the following:
Paddington: Here and Now by Michael Bond.
Patience, Princess Catherine by Carolyn Meyer.

Both books for $3! Absolutely amazing!

One Response so far.

  1. Majanka says:

    Sounds like you got some nice books! My orders from Book Depository usually don't take long. Enjoy reading!

    Take a look at what's in my Mailbox.

- Copyright © Ruby Loves Adventure - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -