Posted by : Unknown Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Blurb from Goodreads:
She's just a New York City girl living with her artist mom…

News flash: Dad is prince of Genovia. (So that's why a limo always meets her at the airport!)

Downer: Dad can't have any more kids. (So no heir to the throne.)

Shock of the century: Like it or not, Mia is prime princess material.

The worst part: Princess lessons from her dreaded grandmere, the dowager princess of Genovia, who thinks Mia has a thing or two to learn before she steps up to the throne.

Well, her father can lecture her until he's royal-blue in the face about her princessly duty no— way is she moving to Genovia and leaving Manhattan behind. But what's a girl to do when her name is PRINCESS AMELIA MIGNONETTE GRIMALDI THERMOPOLIS RENALDO

I first came across this book when the movie came out. Back then, I had no idea who Meg Cabot was, and how good she was. All I know was that Anne Hathaway starred in the movie, I loved the movie, and what would it really feel like if I woke up one day and find out that I am a princess of some unknown, but rich country? That would be the day!

And so, I borrowed this book from a close friend of mine, Yam. Well, I loved the movie, so maybe I'll love the book even more? Err... maybe not. First off, I find Mia too annoying in the book. I mean, quit whining, girl! You're the princess of Genovia, for crying out loud! You should be happy, take the responsibility, and take pride in the fact that you're royalty! But then again, maybe she is acting out because a) she is a teenager, and b) she will have to say goodbye to her normal, day to day routine of being just a normal girl. At the latter part of the book though, I've come to like her. She has grown to become independent of Lilly and well, eventually try to live a life of her own: princess or not. Ugh, Lilly. For me, she epitomizes a girl with serious problems.

I love how the book was written. It feels like I can totally relate to Mia, although I'm not Mia, and I'm not a princess. haha. But I feel for her, I feel for what she's going through, and not to mention, the writing style is very, very easy to comprehend. Ahh Meg Cabot, I will definitely read your other works soon! I'm going to borrow book 2 when I see my friend again! :)

Published: 2000 [that long ago!! 11 freaking years ago? Where was I when this book came out? Under a rock? Man, I've really got to get some serious reading done, imagine all those years and great titles I've missed out when I've stopped reading books]

Available From: everywhere!
Publisher: HarperCollins
Book was: Borrowed from a friend
Rating: Very good! [4/5]

- Copyright © Ruby Loves Adventure - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -