Posted by : Unknown Sunday, May 15, 2011

This is the autobiography of Boyzone member, Shane Lynch. While this is not a known book to most people [I believe this is self-published?] if you are a fan of the band then most certainly you have heard of this. The book chronicles Shane's childhood, as he was growing up, through the early Boyzone days, and what he did as the band had split up. 

I admit it, I just bought the book because I wanted to read more about the Boyzone parts - and I was happy enough with all the details that he gave out during the time. However, it would have been even better if there were pictures embedded within the book, and not just text. A lot of the other biographies I have read surely had these photos. It would provide the fans some insight on their lives.

I got bored at some of the latter parts - it appears that when he found God, it was always repeating, again and again. And well, the story on how he found the occult was quite boring as well. But then again, that's just me. I'm not that much a fan of him as a solo artist - I'm just a huge fan of the band he's in.

He also detailed some stories of the reality shows he was in - which to be honest, I can't relate to as I don't live in the UK and haven't had a clue what the heck are those shows for and who the other participants were.

Nevertheless, if you wish to read more about Boyzone, or is a fan as well, you could opt to get a copy of this book. It's not available on most bookstores - trust me, I tried looking for this at Waterstones and WH Smith's in London and they had no stock so I opted to get this online instead!


Published: 2008
Available From: the Book Depository
Publisher: ???
Book was: bought from the Book Depository
Rating: Okay - but some parts definitely bored me.  [4/5]

- Copyright © Ruby Loves Adventure - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -