Posted by : Unknown Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Book blurb from Amazon.com: Lurching from the cappuccino bars of Notting Hill to the blissed-out shores of Thailand, everyone's favorite Singleton Bridget Jones begins her search for The Truth in spite of pathetically unevolved men, insane dating theories, and Smug Married advice. She experiences a zeitgeist-esque Spiritual Epiphany somewhere between the pages of How to Find the Love You Want Without Seeking It (can self-help books really help self?), protective custody, and a lightly chilled Chardonnay.



I was reading this early this year but misplaced the book. Found the book eventually later this year - which was a good thing. I breezed through the book really quickly - Bridget was just really funny at the latter part of the book. I felt like she was a real person and she is just very relatable (I don't drink as much as her nor smoke at all!). I felt her pain when she was pining over the loss of Mark Darcy, I felt her pain as she relates how much she feels lonely and how she tries to distract herself from her day to day life.

Ahhhh this book is utterly entertaining - although there were just some parts where I wanted to hit Bridget over the head due to her many bloopers that she could have avoided, and for her chronic lateness and short attention span.

I wish there could have been another book in the series, but unfortunately that will be a wish that will not be granted in the near future.

I've actually seen the movie based on this book and it was just... different. Sure, Colin Firth and Hugh Grant were absolutely brill in it but the story in the movie doesn't seem to be quite as funny as the book. It always seems to be the case for book adaptations turned into movies - something gets lost along the way.

Funny moment though: Bridget is obsessed with Mark Darcy, Mr Darcy & COlin Firth (based on his portrayal of Mr Darcy in Pride & Prejudice). I find myself laughing at multiple parts in the book because in my head, Mr Darcy is Colin Firth & he is also Mark Darcy!!

I have to say that Bridget is a good marketer of goods as well. Because of her, I found myself buying a Pride & Prejudice DVD (The one where Colin Firth starred, of course), and buying a whole load of Milk Trays!! Hmmmm Milk Trays.... A male friend of mine told me that a Milk Tray is actually for lonely single ladies because of the names of the chocolates. Ha ha ha.  True that. Go Bridget!

- Copyright © Ruby Loves Adventure - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -