Posted by : Unknown Tuesday, February 21, 2012

This is probably the worst hostel I'd ever stayed at, sorry to say.

For one of the most highly regarded ski resorts in Korea, this hostel clearly did not meet my expectations.

Don't get me wrong, the bed isn't too bad and so is the room. They've got these double deck beds which have curtains in them to ensure that you still have your privacy.

My pet peeve was the bathroom. The toilets smelled horrible but they are clean, which was a relief. However, the showers made my blood boil.

There were like 12 shower heads and no divider between them! Oh my god!! I can't shower in front of a whole load o other people! That is a bloody invasion of my privacy!!! I woul have prefered that there were at least flimsy dividers between the showers but nooooo

Everyone just locks the conmunal door and just waits for one to finish. Not very efficient indeed.

The kitchen made me feel like I was dining in a military camp. It had rows of long tables and does not have that homey feel I was looking for.

There's no wifi in the hostel - you've got to go to another building just to get service. No lounge areas where u coul just hang out with other people in the hostel in front of the telly.

I got annoyed when they turned off the heater in my room the first night I was staying here. I woke up in the middle of the night freezing cold only to turn on the heater again, which took forever to jest the entire room.

I got turned off immediately but I've got no real choice since I'm staying for a few nights to snowboard - which i could only do certain times of the year.

Then again the hostel is almost deserted! There's only 2 of us in our room .

Bloody hostel... I'm probably never coming back to yongpyong, even I they're going to be hosting the 2018 winter olympics. Ill try another resort next time.

- Copyright © Ruby Loves Adventure - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -