Posted by : Unknown Saturday, February 18, 2012

I'm typing this as I am waiting for the AREX commuter train to leave the station.

This was a whirlwind few hours so far. My first solo backpacking trip abroad, I fell asleep for a measly two hours on the plane, arrived at Incheon International Airport in South KoreA and basically people watched the entire time!

Oooooohhhh the seats are really warm in the commuter train! Not so shabby! I've actually prepared myself for the weather - would you believe it is -11 degrees at the moment? And for someone who has never seen snow, this has been a welcome experience for me!

Anyway, upon arriving at the airport, I had to walk quite a lot to get to the health check couter, had to board a train to head off to the immigration area (like hong kong!) and finally got my fingerprints scanned and photo taken until I'm cleared to get my luggage and off I go!

Had to get my usd changed to Jew at Hana bank at the airport then use that money to buy a t-money card at a convenience store to ride the train.

The t-money card is a pay as you go card where you could top up a certain amount from a convenience store and you could use it on buses, the subway, and to buy stuff from the stores. Sure beats having to know their money and count change and stuff!

I'm on my way to Hongik University, where my hostel is. Oooooh the seat is really hot! And it's finally above
Ground! I'm getting my first views of Korea!!!!!

- Copyright © Ruby Loves Adventure - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -