Posted by : Unknown Saturday, April 30, 2011

This book is a pictorial of the first 6 years of Take That, from 1990-1996. Aptly named Take One [from the first time that they were around], it was a nice look back to some older, never-before-seen photos of the band.

I was not really a fan of them the first time around, so it was quite funny to see most of the photos from when they were *ahem* a spandex, leather-wearing boy band, who appealed to some gays, and other teenagers. I particularly never liked the songs they had back then, until Back For Good came out, which was monumental.

Anyway, I loved the commentaries provided by the band - they were not as many as from Take Two, but nevertheless it gave me an idea of what the lads were thinking of and a brief story at the time that the photos had been taken.

It is a must-have for the TT fans - I initially had second thoughts about getting this book, seeing as I already have Take Two, but I couldn't pass the chance! A little background though - the book was sold out at the Book Depository so I asked a friend of mine from Dubai to get a copy of it. Good thing it was still available there ;)

I would have loved to post some of my favourite photos here but sadly, my computer is acting up. Some of them included photos of Jason reading a fan letter, and uh.. some other photos of Jason. Isn't it obvious he's my favourite? :)

Don't expect too much from this book though. It's not a biography of sorts about the band - if you need an insight of what is going on within TT, read Gary Barlow's My Take book [if you could grab a copy of it as well]

Published: 2009
Available From: Amazon.
Publisher: Penguin books/Michael Joseph
Book was: bought from Dubai
Rating: Excellent photo book - esp if you're a fan of the band[5/5]

- Copyright © Ruby Loves Adventure - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -