Posted by : Unknown Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I admit it, I am obsessed. I am now obsessed with travel. *sigh* It has hit me, and it has hit me hard.
I look now at the bookshelves that I have and realize that while these books have helped me learn a lot of things in my life, and taken me to places far and wide through my imagination, I realize that I need to get out there and experience these places on my own and not just through pages of a hardbound, trade paperback or a mass market paperback.

Back in 2008, I met some of my Western colleagues when I was sent to London for work. At their teens, they have already seen several places for their holidays, been to several countries. My trainer, who is now in his mid 30s is now pushing for the 72nd country to visit. 72 countries in 30 something years. That's an average of nearly 2 countries a year. That is astounding. That is amazing. That is inspiring.

And although these western counterparts do make a lot more money than myself as a Filipino [hey, at the moment, the pound is pounding at around 1GBP to 70-80PHP. Way back in 2008 it was 1GBP to nearly 100PHP. Could you imagine that?? A pound for them, a simple coin, is worth a lot of money for us Filipinos] I will do my best to curb all spending and just place it in travel. It's for myself, it's for my growth, for realizing that the world is huge, it's out there. To live curious [National Geographic], to realize that the world is just awesome [Discovery Channel], to get lost [National Geographic Adventure].

Oh yes, the travel bug caught me when I recently changed my cable subscription and subscribed to additional channels called Discovery Travel and Living [which I think is called TLC now], Nat Geo Adventure, Discovery Science, Discovery Channel and National Geographic. Oh gosh, I am on overload of places to visit.

But that doesn't mean I've given up on reading books. I will still continue to read and review, although admittedly, my notebooks about travel are filling up faster than the book reviews. *cringe*

I am about to finish the longest book I've ever read in my entire life [Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, a staggering 870 pages long for the hardbound version], and yes, that is also a milestone for me. I still can't live without my books, without bringing one in my bag whenever I go to work every morning or whenever I leave the house, and bringing one special book as well whenever I go out of town or on my holidays.

They both will have special places in my hearts, its just a matter of priority, and the priority is to get out there and live, oh gosh, does that mean I'm not a nerd anymore?? =)

- Copyright © Ruby Loves Adventure - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -