Posted by : Unknown Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hiya everyone! This will be the place I'll be posting my updates relating to the 24 hour readathon. This year is a bit different for me since I did not sign up to be a cheerleader. For the past two readathons, I was a cheerleader but realized I need to concentrate on reading this time.

Okay, on to the updates and mini-challenge posts over the next few hours.

First up, the books I am going to read during the duration of the readathon:

1. The Further Adventures of a London Call Girl - Belle De Jour
2. City of Bones - Cassandra Clare
3. The Dust of 100 Dogs - A.S. King
4. The Sign of Four - Sherlock Holmes

HOUR TWO
Okay guys, I'm logging off the internet and my computer now. My mum only has two electric sockets in her room for now, where I've plugged in my external hard drive and the other, I alternate between an electric fan and the laptop. I'm dizzy because it's really hot whenever I unplug the fan to charge the laptop's batteries, it's bloody bloody hot in Manila right now!

I'll go back online tomorrow, where I would blog and stay online during the duration of the readathon -- will probably schedule some book reviews as well.

So, good night everyone. Sorry to be logging off this early in the readathon and I hope I'll get to visit some of your blogs tomorrow! 10.10.10! whee.

HOUR ONE: 
**Dewey Readathon meme**

Where are you reading from today?  my house.
3 facts about me … i have a dog named goofy, am a really slow reader, and have 7 pets.
How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? 3. But doubt I'd ever get to finish any of them unless some sort of miracle happens.
Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? Nothing particular, just read as much as I can and join in as many mini challenges as I can.
If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time? I'm not really a veteran but keep on reading and don't forget to take breaks! This is supposed to be a fun activity, after all.

8 Responses so far.

  1. gege says:

    Enjoy reading, Ruby!

  2. "Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." - Joseph Addison
    Have a great workout today :)

  3. Just stopping by to cheer you on! Looks like you have some great books picked out for the read-a-thon!

  4. joanna says:

    Hope you sleep well and regain some energy! I see you're blogging from Manila - I lived there for a while and yes, boy was it hot! :-)

  5. Ronnica says:

    And I imagine running the laptop is not making it any cooler! Hope you're enjoying your reading!

  6. Hi! Good luck with the rest of your reading!

  7. Jamie says:

    You got this!!! :) I've been wanting to read Cassandra Clare! I've heard such great things! Looks like you have a good variety of books to keep you going through these later hours!

    Anyways, I’m Jamie–one of your cheerleaders ready to cheer you on! Sometimes when I was in college and I would be doing marathon paper writing (not that the readthon isn’t fun!!) I would need just a quick stretch and a laugh and for whatever reason laughing babies always did the trick to make me giggle and then get back done to business! Here’s one of my favorites:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0BaDOm0vVA&feature=related

    Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner

  8. Logging off is the way to go if you want to get the most out of reading! Stay cool. Here is your official cheer. Ready, OK. Go Ruby, Go Ruby, Be Reading, Keeping Reading, Yeah Book Lovers! Shaking my pom-poms.

- Copyright © Ruby Loves Adventure - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -